CBD Honey Creamy Latte
- Any of our honey packets! We suggest the wildflower honey or our lavender honey
- Steamed Milk Alternative
- 2 shots of espresso or serving of drip coffee
• 1. In the bottom of your mug, add about a tablespoon of honey. Let some of the honey sit in the spoon, collecting on the bottom. You'll use that for garnish.
• 2. Next, pour a little steamed/frothed milk into the mug and mix in the honey to combine. See below if you don't have a steamer.
• 3. Add in your espresso shots, and pour in the remaining milk and foam
• 4. Drizzle a little honey on top and serve!
During isolation, we’ve really started to up our at home coffee game. Turns out making your own coffee every day inspires trying tons of new recipes and flavors because, well, why not? Enter the CBD Honey Cream Latte.
Seriously, this thing is AMAZING. It might sound a little strange to use honey as the sweetener in a latte, but it adds this amazing flavor dynamic that pairs really well with the latte drinking experience.
And as a side benefit, making this (like other lattes at home) can save a lot of money when compared to cafe prices. Plus, it’ll make you feel pretty impressed with yourself. Let’s face it: there is nothing like waking up on a Saturday morning, making brunch, and cozying up with a warm latte. It gives us that restaurant vibe, without having to change out of pajamas and waiting around for 45 minutes!’
Onward to the recipe!
The CBD Honey Cream Latte
One of the best things about this recipe is how easy it is to make. The recipe below is super quick and easy, simply spiced up by using some smooth CBD honey Lattes, or in this case a CBD honey creme latte, aren’t too complicated to make. It’s really about finding that right balance of flavors between your espresso, milk, and sweetener.
If you don’t have a milk steamer or an espresso maker at home, that’s totally fine. Instructions follow for milk steam substitute, and instead of espresso, use a dark drip coffee.
- Any of our honey! We suggest the wildflower honey, or our lavender CBD honey.
- Steamed milk or milk alternative
- 2 shots of espresso
Instructions for espresso and steamer:
- In the bottom of your mug, add about a tablespoon of honey. Let some of the honey sit in the spoon, collecting on the bottom. You’ll use that for garnish.
- Next, pour a little steamed/frothed milk into the mug and mix in the honey to combine. See below if you don’t have a steamer.
- Add in your espresso shots, and pour in the remaining milk and foam
- Drizzle a little honey on top and serve!
How to Froth Milk without a Machine:
With French Press:
- Warm milk in pan, then transfer to French Press.
- Vigorously pump the press until the milk doubles in volume or so.
- Warming milk in pan, then transfer to a jam or mason jar, leaving about 1/2 of the room in the container.
- Seal the top, then vigorously shake the jar until milk is airy and light.