Our CBD Matcha Macarons with Highbiscus Buttercream were such hit, we headed back into the kitchen to whip up a new favorite, based on our turmeric-honey Moon Milk (also called Golden Milk). Our cookies aren’t just delicious – these macarons also pack a punch of CBD from our Brothers Wild Rosin CBD Honey. A perfect before-bed snack. Go ahead – try to eat just one!
Delicious & Totally Gluten-Free
Traditional French macarons have a crispy shell with a chewy center. Macarons are made with almond flour, which gives them their distinctive nutty flavor and texture. This also means that macarons are naturally gluten-free, making them an excellent sweet treat for those with celiac or gluten intolerance. The rich turmeric flavor of Golden Milk perfectly compliments the nutty almond flour base and lends a gorgeous golden color to the batter. The CBD comes from our full spectrum, terpene-rich Wild Rosin CBD Honey, which we turned into a simple syrup to flavor the buttercream filling.
Wild Rosin CBD Honey Simple Syrup
To make our Wild Rosin CBD Honey Simple Syrup you’ll need one cup of water and 1 cup Wild Rosin CBD Honey. Heat the water in a saucepan on the stove. Once the water is just boiling, remove it from the heat and stir in the Wild Rosin Honey until completely dissolved. Easy peasy.
Brothers Golden Milk Macaroons with CBD Honey Buttercream Recipe
Golden Milk Macarons
- 1 cup + 1/2 tbsp superfine blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 pinches ground cardamom
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
Wild Rosin CBD Honey Buttercream
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3-5 tsp heavy cream
- 3-4 tbsp Wild Rosin CBD Honey Simple Syrup
How To Make It:
- Start by double sifting all the dry ingredients for your Golden Milk Macarons. In the bowl of an electric mixer (or a large metal mixing bowl), whisk the egg whites and granulated sugar gently to combine. Beat the egg whites and sugar mixture on medium speed for 2 minutes, increasing to medium-high for an additional 2 minutes. Increase the speed one more time to high for a final 2 minutes. Your meringue should be very stiff and glossy, and should clump together in the beater.
- Add your double-sifted dry ingredients to the meringue all at once. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the meringue, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Keep folding until fully combined.
- Transfer your patter to a pastry bag (or a large zip-loc freezer bag) fitted with a 3/8-inch round tip. Line two half-sheet baking sheets with parchment paper, using a bit of the macaron batter to secure the corners down.
- Pipe the batter into ¾-inch rounds, swirling the tip. Space your macarons 1-1½ inches apart. Tap the baking sheets firmly on the counter 2-3 times to release any air bubbles. Let the tray rest for 20-30 minutes, until the macarons are dry to the touch and the batter doesn’t stick to your finger
- Bake one sheet at a time until they have risen, and the tops of the macarons no longer jiggle (about 13-16 minutes). Let cool completely before filling. Once cool, it’s time to make your Wild Rosin Honey buttercream.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter over medium speed. With the mixer on low, slowly add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, Wild Rosin Honey simple syrup and salt. Beat until combined. Add the heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time until soft enough to pipe, but still sturdy.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a ½-inch round pastry tip with the frosting.
- Pipe a dollop of frosting onto half your macarons, then gently make a sandwich with a plain macaron shell.
- Keep your Golden Milk Macaroons in an airtight container in the fridge to ripen for and hour or up to 3 days before eating and bring to room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. (Or if you can’t wait, just pop ’em in the fridge for 30-60 min and then serve. We won’t judge you!).