Meet Our New CBD Face Cream: 3 Star Ingredients
When it comes to skincare, using the right products can be just as important as making sure you’re eating the right foods. When we launched our skin care line in Spring of 2020, this was the first thing on our mind: how to make healthy CBD skincare items, made with quality, wholesome ingredients that work. Here’s a breakdown of some of our favorite ingredients in our new Renewing CBD Face Cream:
Number 1. Rosehip
What exactly is Rosehip Oil? Rosehip Oil is mechanically extracted from seeds of wild rose plants using a method of cold pressing. This process keeps the nutritional value of the oil, antioxidants and fatty acids which help aid in an ideal skincare product.
Rosehip Oil is rich in Vitamin A (retinol), which can help reduce the look of aging. It also works to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, helping firm up the skin and support a natural youthful look.
It is also rich in Vitamin C, which stimulates collagen. This helps to brighten the skin and give the complexion a radiant appearance.
Rosehip also contains linoleic acid, which aids in soothing the appearance of redness and irritation.
Lastly, rosehip is astringent or “dry”, meaning it won’t leave you feeling slick. At the same time, it’s rich in fatty acids, which are important in any skincare routine. They act as an excellent moisturizer and act as a duo by hydrating and soothing the skin.
Number 2. Hibiscus
Hibiscus is great for your skins appearance. It inspires an overall fresher, younger, smoother looking complexion.
Hibiscus is also a natural source of AHA. AHA helps encourage skin cell renewal and can act as a gentle exfoliant. It also can help reduce hyperpigmentation, increase the clarity of the skin and give a look of fresher, smoother looking skin.
Number 3. Aloe
You’ve probably used aloe many times in the past, especially if your skin has ever needed a burst of hydration.
But aloe is also super rich in vitamins. It not only makes your skin feel good, but it also aids in making your skin look better. It starts by protecting your skin’s barrier. It’s polysaccharides hydrate your skin and has anti-inflammatory benefits. Aloe also has phytosterols, which aid in the prevention of occasionally itchy and irritated skin.
The aloe plant is rich in vitamins A, B, C, D, and E as well as minerals like magnesium, potassium and zinc.
CBD Face Cream Routine:
Our Renewing CBD Face Cream is any easy add to any skin care routine, and if you haven’t started a CBD routine, it’s never too late to try something new.
Our Facial Cream should always be used in the moisturizing step, after cleaning and cleansing your skin.
Here’s a few steps to try before:
- Cleansing Balm – This will gently clean your face, removing makeup and dirt/impurities. They also work with nourishing and moisturizing your skin while cleaning.
- Water Based Cleanser – Once you’ve washed the day away, you want to come in with another face wash. This allows you to cleanse deeper into your pores. Skin care tip: It’s best to wash your face upwards and outwards. When applying makeup, you want to go the opposite direction.
- Toner: Toning helps to balance the PH of your skin. It helps to remove excess direct, left over makeup. Depending on the toner you have, it can be packed with acids, glycerin, anti-oxidants and so much more. Toner acts as a prep for your pores.
- Serum: Serums include active ingredients that bring antioxidants directly to the skin. This directly helps the skin with cell growth.
- Renewing Facial Cream: This is a super important step. Moisturizing helps to reduce the chances of skin problems, using the right type product can help balance your skin.
*The Apothecary LLC are not doctors and we do not provide medical advice. None of the information on this site, including information in any press release or blog post, constitutes legal or medical advice by us.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the text belong solely to the author, and not necessarily to the author’s employer, organization, committee or other group or individual.
Jesse Richardson is the co-founder of The Brothers Apothecary. He's an avid tea drinker and the primary creator behind The Brothers' products. An undergraduate of UCLA for Political Science, Jesse currently studies Medicinal Plants at Cornell University and The International School of Herbal Arts & Sciences.